We want our school to be open and welcoming to all who would like to support the children. We also want to encourage parents and other adults to help teachers in a variety of ways. The role they can play in supporting staff to deliver a high quality education is invaluable.
Please note that we only carry out one round of volunteer recruitment at the start of each term. We will send out a ParentMail with all the details at that time.
Volunteer helpers are able to help the school through the following activities:
- changing reading books
- listening to pupils read
- supporting individuals or groups of pupils
- supervising children on school trips
- supporting pupils during art or other practical activities
- maintenance of resources
The welfare of our pupils is paramount. To ensure the safety of our pupils, volunteers are required to :
- complete a volunteer application form (see attached)
- provide two references/character statements (as applicable)
- undertake an enhanced DBS check
- complete the Kyson self-declaration form and disqualification through association disclaimer form (as applicable)
- read and sign a Kyson Volunteer Agreement (see attached)