Who are the PTFA?
All parents, guardians and carers of any child currently attending the school and all current staff, teaching and non-teaching, are automatically members of Kyson’s PTFA. We are also a charitable organisation (Charity No.:1126362) and our constitution can be found here.
What does the PTFA Do?
The PTFA has two main aims:
- To raise funds for the school to pay for items that will benefit the school environment
and children's learning. Without this vital support, the school’s budget would become
overstretched to the disadvantage of your children’s education. All money the PTFA
raises is spent on things that the school needs to improve your child's education or
for those extra added-value items that give our children a great social life too!
- To encourage a positive relationship between the school and our families. It’s really
important to us to have a strong connection with all our families and have some fun
together! We hope you enjoy the events we put on and that they help you to feel
more connected to the school and this key part of your children’s life.
- Mother's Day Gift Sale - 25th March 2022
- Easter Trail - 7th April 20022
- Father Day - TBC
- Summer Fair - 2nd July 2022 - save the date, more information to follow!
- Fireworks Extravaganza - 3rd November 2022
Funds Raised by the PTFA
Funds we’ve raised September 2021 - July 2022):
- Fireworks Display - £3,780
- Children's Christmas Cards - £435
- Christmas Raffle - £677
- Amazon Smile - £66
- Second Hand Uniform - £36
Items bought with Money Raised
- 11 Recycled plastic picnic benches (see picture below)
- Outdoor geography maps (see picture below)
- History wall timeline
- Christmas lunch crackers
Additional funds this this year's events will be put towards fixing the swimming pool roof.
Make a Donation by Gift Aid
If you would like to make an online donation via our ‘Givey’ donation page please click
Please support the PTFA by using Amazon Smile. We receive a donation every time you shop on Amazon using Smile. It' s a really easy way for your PTFA to raise funds! Full details can be found here.
Please click here to see the PTFA Noticeboard on Facebook.
This group is only for the parents & staff of Kyson Primary School to help share info and news on PTFA activities and events. When you request to join, you will be asked to comment with your child's name and class (or your job role in the school).
Comments on posts are usually switched off as at present we do not have enough time to allow for moderation.
Meet the PTFA Committee
- Chair – Nicola Cannon
- Vice Chair – Nicola Hathorn
- Treasurer – John Southgate
- Secretary - Becca Goddard
- Environmentalist – Charlie Zakss
- General Committee Members – Helen Deacon, Katerina Zalidis, Natalie Wells, Rachel Larsen, Silki Morrison, Victoria Lund-Lack, Kirsty Hayman
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Newsletters & Other Documents