Who are the PTFA?
All parents, guardians and carers of any child currently attending the school and all current staff, teaching and non-teaching, are automatically members of Kyson’s PTFA. We are also a charitable organisation (Charity No.:1126362) and our constitution can be found here.
What does the PTFA Do?
The PTFA has two main aims:
- To raise funds for the school to pay for items that will benefit the school environment
and children's learning. Without this vital support, the school’s budget would become
overstretched to the disadvantage of your children’s education. All money the PTFA
raises is spent on things that the school needs to improve your child's education or
for those extra added-value items that give our children a great social life too!
- To encourage a positive relationship between the school and our families. It’s really
important to us to have a strong connection with all our families and have some fun
together! We hope you enjoy the events we put on and that they help you to feel
more connected to the school and this key part of your children’s life.
- Summer Fair 2021 - Saturday 10th July 2021 12-3pm. More details coming soon!
- Virtual Christmas Fair
- Virtual Summer Fair Results
- Virtual Summer Fair Results video and Teacher Gunging
- Virtual Summer Fair - click here for more information
Watch a video of Mr Gunson introducing the Virtual Summer Fair below
Funds Raised by the PTFA
Funds we’ve raised:
- Children's Christmas Cards 2020 - £512
- Summer Fair 2019 - £8,800
- Father's Day Gifts - £163
- Second-Hand Uniform Sale - £48
- Mother's Day - £268
- Easter Raffle - £155
- Valentines cake & second-hand uniform sale - £301
- Quiz night - £560
- Children’s Christmas cards 2019 - £360
- Halloween event - £620
- Firework display - £1,638
- Valentine's Bake Sale - £456
Some of the wonderful recent things we’ve bought with the money raised:
- Contributed £10,000 towards to soon to be Daily Mile Path
- Playhouse for early years
- Outdoor gym for early years
- Wooden pirate ship
- Football goals
- PA and sound system
- Year 6 leavers' gifts
Make a Donation by Gift Aid
If you would like to make an online donation via our ‘Givey’ donation page please click
Please support the PTFA by using Amazon Smile. We receive a donation every time you shop on Amazon using Smile. It' s a really easy way for your PTFA to raise funds! Full details can be found here.
Please click here to see the PTFA Noticeboard on Facebook.
This group is only for the parents & staff of Kyson Primary School to help share info and news on PTFA activities and events. When you request to join, you will be asked to comment with your child's name and class (or your job role in the school).
Comments on posts are usually switched off as at present we do not have enough time to allow for moderation.
Meet the PTFA Committee
- Chair – Nicola Cannon
- Vice Chair – Nicola Hathorn
- Treasurer – John Southgate
- Secretary - Becca Goddard
- Environmentalist – Charlie Zakss
- General Committee Members – Helen Deacon, Katerina Zalidis, Natalie Wells, Nicola Hathorn, Rachel Larsen, Silki Morrison, Victoria Lund-Lack.
Email address: email@example.com
Newsletters & Other Documents
- Kyson PTFA Newsletter September 2020
- Kyson Virtual Christmas Fair 2020
- PTFA Annual Report 2019 20
- PTFA Annual Report 2020 21
- PTFA Constitution Adopted February 2019
- PTFA EGM February 2019
- PTFA minutes AGM October 2020
- PTFA Newsletter April May 2019
- PTFA Newsletter July 2019
- PTFA Newsletter June July 2019
- PTFA Newsletter March April 2019
- PTFA Newsletter September 2019
- PTFA Virtual Summer Fair Results