Universal Infant Free School Meals
All children in Reception and Years 1 and 2 are entitled to free lunches as part of the Government's Universal Infant Free School Meal policy.
For some of these children, the school will also be able to claim Pupil Premium, which will help provide further support by making sure that the school receives all the Government funding to which it is entitled.
The criteria for eligibility is receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided that you have an annual net income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, but not also Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work less hours per week.
To apply, please complete a form available from either the school office or by clicking here or calling 01473 260989.